Supplication Before Entering:
When going to the toilet the messenger of Allah (may Allah bless him and grant him peace) would wear footwear. He would cover his blessed head and before stepping into the room, he would read:
2. Enter with the left foot.
3. Any item (e.g. ring, locket etc.) that has the names of Allah (The Exalted) or His beloved Messenger (may Allah bless him and grant him peace) or any verse of the Qur’an, should be removed before entering the toilet. An Amulet (Ta’weez) can be worn as long as it is covered.
4. It is forbidden (Haram) to face or have the back facing towards the Qibla whilst relieving oneself.
5. It is best to lower oneself as much as possible before uncovering the body.
6. Put slight pressure on the left leg it makes it relieving easier.
7. One should be very careful about the splashing of urine (as this is a grave sin). One should sit to urinate.
8. One should not talk in the toilet without absolute necessity but if a person outside is calling and does not know then cough thrice to make them aware. This includes the use of a mobile phone be it for texting as this is not the place to do such things.
9. When two people talk when the body is uncovered Allah (The Exalted) is displeased.
10. Hold the container in the right hand whilst cleansing with the left.
11. The right hand should not be used to cleanse oneself. Unless there is a problem with the left hand then one can use the right hand.
12. Use the left hand middle three fingers for cleanings.
13. The sister should cleanse themselves with the lower palm of the left hand and do not separate the legs to wide.
14. Wash in odd numbers i.e. 1, 3, 5 or 7 times.
15. When cleansing yourself, males should hold their penis from the top with the left hand index finger and the thumb. Gently work your way down (as if milking an animal) so if drops are left they will come out.
16. After performing urination, if you feel that another drop of urine will come, then it is wajib for you to perform ‘Istibrao’ meaning after urination to perform some act that would force the urine left inside, to come out .
17. First wash the front then the back.
18. After cleansing with water you can dry yourself with some tissue.
19. After you have relieved yourself, wash your hands up to the wrists thrice.
20. Without necessity do not look at your private parts as there is a chance of the memory becoming weak.
21. Do not sit on the toilet for a long time as there is a chance of getting piles.
22. Do not play with your clothing or body, nor look here or there, nor look above, and do not touch your body without necessity.
23. Do not spit or clean your nose in the toilet.
24. Soon as you have cleansed yourself cover yourself as soon as possible.
25. When leaving the toilet one should step out with the right foot.
Supplication on Leaving:
Once outside the toilet read this supplication,