|Masjid Nabawi in Medina, Saudi Arabia (Click on image to enlarge)|
Masjid Nabawi in Medina, Saudi Arabia
Location: Medina, Saudi Arabia
– Built in: Originally built-in 622 AD
– Built by: Prophet Muhammad
– Capacity: 1000,000 worshipers
– Special Features & Measurements
* Grave of Prophet Muhammad (PBUH)
* 2nd Holiest place for Muslims
* Originally it was 30 x 35 m. Today it covers 165 000 square meters
* Two prayers halls. Ottoman prayer hall projects south and the main prayer hall covers the ground floor
* Flat paved roof with 24 domes
* All the domes can slide open
* The courtyards equipped with Umbrella tents
* The walls composed of a series of windows topped by pointed arches with black and white voussoirs.
* 10 Minars, each 105 m high.
* Decorated with polychrome marble stone.